Somewhere between rich collages and old record samples in an ambitious context, the Radiocuts weaves abstract and blunted beats with subtlety. Formed by musician Mauricio Jr. (Poligamyk and The Last Bastards), and the DJs and producers Gustavo Milanez (Punkyhead) and Marcio Mouse, the trio stands a cross of genres and influences beyond electronic music.
In an intelligent cut-and-paste, explores elements of a contemporary music, Abstract Message - the debut album - show a more expansive and less purposeful work, flirting with trip hop, downtempo, hip hop and jazz without sounding forced. Melancholic sounds. Decelerated. Dense. Backdrop for a more elaborate soundtrack. An imaginary movie.
from Abstract Message,
track released October 15, 2016
• Written, produced and recorded by Radiocuts.
• Mixing and mastering at BR Digital Master.
• Art direction: Gustavo M.
• Cover, Design & Photography: Gustavo M, Thaís Borges.
• Copyright: Anarchy In The Funk Records.
• Radiocuts are: Mauricio Jr, Gustavo M and Marcio Mouse.
For general information, remixes, license enquiries or anything related to Radiocuts, please write to: email@example.com
Between samples and collages: Simple constructions in a refined aspect. The Radiocuts explores elements and styles of textures jumping between hip hop, breaks and jazz. Soundtrack to an imaginary movie.